Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Holidays

I hope your holiday was wonderful, as mine was. DH and I went to his dad's Christmas Eve and then to my mom's to spend Christmas Day with her and my brother.
I ate too much, received too many gifts and laughed constantly ! (Sofa King----sorry, inside joke)
Despite DH's layoff, we enjoyed Christmas. Ü

Next holiday, New Year's Eve. We will probably just enjoy it in the comfort of our home, quietly. Probably we will hit the hay well before midnight. Why is it so much more important when you are younger to celebrate the changing year? I'm not THAT old, but it just doesn't seem as appealing to go out in a smoke filled, crowded venue and drink too many drinks and stay up way too late only to wake up mid-afternoon the next day feeling like you've been hit by a Mack truck........ Not my kind of celebration. Sorry.

Call me a wet blanket.....call me a Negative Nancy......whatever.


Maybe I can think of some "goals" for 2009.

1. Think positively, speak positively, live positively
2. see #1

(I thought 2 goals looked better than just one anyway.)


I finally have begun reading the Twilight series......OMG, I'm halfway finished with the first book and I just started last night !
I don't know what it is about that book, but it's hard to put down---it MAKES you want to read it. It's hard to explain. Read it if you want to know.

Adios 2008-----glad you're through with us.
On to 2009-----please be kind to us !!!

Lori

No comments: