Tuesday, December 30, 2008
I ate too much, received too many gifts and laughed constantly ! (Sofa King----sorry, inside joke)
Despite DH's layoff, we enjoyed Christmas. Ü
Next holiday, New Year's Eve. We will probably just enjoy it in the comfort of our home, quietly. Probably we will hit the hay well before midnight. Why is it so much more important when you are younger to celebrate the changing year? I'm not THAT old, but it just doesn't seem as appealing to go out in a smoke filled, crowded venue and drink too many drinks and stay up way too late only to wake up mid-afternoon the next day feeling like you've been hit by a Mack truck........ Not my kind of celebration. Sorry.
Call me a wet blanket.....call me a Negative Nancy......whatever.
Maybe I can think of some "goals" for 2009.
1. Think positively, speak positively, live positively
2. see #1
(I thought 2 goals looked better than just one anyway.)
I finally have begun reading the Twilight series......OMG, I'm halfway finished with the first book and I just started last night !
I don't know what it is about that book, but it's hard to put down---it MAKES you want to read it. It's hard to explain. Read it if you want to know.
Adios 2008-----glad you're through with us.
On to 2009-----please be kind to us !!!
Monday, December 1, 2008
Hubby has been laid off from work as of today. SO, we will be penny pinching until he gets called back OR he gets something new. Oh Joy. Great timing too! =/
For some fun I will be posting my 24 days of Christmas gifts I have been sent. I was in a swap and I sent 24-ish things to my swap partner and I got sent a box of goodies to unwrap every day until Christmas!
Here is today's gift, a cute little "congratulations" stamp from Studio G.
OK, well it looks like since I had my computer worked on, the pictures I just took aren't working.....I'll have to get DH to see what's going on.....
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Monday, August 4, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Monday, June 30, 2008
Friday, June 13, 2008
Monday, June 9, 2008
1. Touched an iceberg
2. Slept under the stars
3. Been a part of a hockey fight
4. Changed a baby's diaper
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Swam with wild dolphins
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a tarantula
10. Said "I love you" and meant it
11. Bungee jumped'
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Stayed up all night long and watched the sun rise
15. Seen the Northern Lights
16. Gone to a huge sports game
17. Walked the stairs to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
19. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
20. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Bet on a winning horse
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Taken an ice cold bath
28. Had a meaningful conversation with a beggar
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Ridden a roller coaster
31. Hit a home run
32. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
33. Adopted an accent for fun
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Felt very happy about your life, even for just a moment
36. Loved your job 90% of the time
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Watched wild whales
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Gone on a midnight walk on the beach
41. Gone sky diving
42. Visited Ireland (town)
43. Ever bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited India
45. Bench-pressed your own weight
46. Milked a cow
47. Alphabetized your personal files
48. Ever worn a superhero costume
49. Sung karaoke
50. Lounged around in bed all day
51. Gone scuba diving
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Done something you should regret, but don't
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Been in a movie
60. Gone without food for 3 days
61. Made cookies from scratch (if you know what that is--inside joke)
62. Won first prize in a costume contest
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Been in a combat zone
65. Spoken more than one language fluently
66. Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone
67. Bounced a check
68. Read - and understood - your credit report
69. Recently bought and played with a favorite childhood toy
70. Found out something significant that your ancestors did
71. Called or written your Congress person
72. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
73. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
74. Helped an animal give birth
75. Been fired or laid off from a job
76. Won money
77. Broken a bone
78. Ridden a motorcycle
79. Driven any land vehicle at a speed of greater than 100 mph
80. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
81. Slept through an entire flight
82. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
83. Eaten sushi
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read The Bible cover to cover
86. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about
87. Gotten someone fired for their actions
88. Gone back to school
89. Changed your name
90. Caught a fly in the air with your bare hands
91. Eaten fried green tomatoes
92. Read The Iliad
93. Taught yourself an art from scratch
94. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
95. Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt
96. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
97. Been elected to public office
98. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream
99. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
100. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you
101. Had a booth at a street fair
102. Dyed your hair
103. Been a DJ
104. Rocked a baby to sleep
105. Ever dropped a cat from a high place to see if it really lands on all four
106. Raked your carpet
107. Brought out the best in people
108. Brought out the worst in people
109. Worn a mood ring
110. Ridden a horse
111. Carved an animal from a piece of wood or bar of soap
112. Cooked a dish where four people asked for the recipe
113. Buried a child
114. Gone to a Broadway (or equivalent to your country) play
115. Been inside the pyramids
116. Shot a basketball into a basket
117. Danced at a disco
118. Played in a band
119. Shot a bird
120. Gone to an arboretum
121. Tutored someone
122. Ridden a train
123. Brought an old fad back into style
124. Eaten caviar
125. Let a salesman talk you into something you didn’t need
126. Ridden a giraffe or elephant
127. Published a book
128. Pieced a quilt
129. Lived in a historic place
130. Acted in a play or performed on a stage
131. Asked for a raise
132. Made a hole-in-one
133. Gone deep sea fishing
134. Gone roller skating
135. Run a marathon
136. Learned to surf
137. Invented something
138. Flown first class
139. Spent the night in a 5-star luxury suite
140. Flown in a helicopter
141. Visited Africa
142. Sang a solo
143. Gone spelunking
144. Learned how to take a compliment
145. Written a love-story
146. Seen Michelangelo’s David
147. Had your portrait painted
148. Written a fan letter
149. Spent the night in something haunted
150. Owned a St. Bernard or Great Dane
151. Ran away
152. Learned to juggle
153. Been a boss
154. Sat on a jury
155. Lied about your weight
156. Gone on a diet
157. Found an arrowhead or a gold nugget
158. Written a poem
159. Carried your lunch in a lunchbox.
160. Gotten food poisoning
161. Gone on a service, humanitarian or religious mission
162. Hiked the Grand Canyon
163. Sat on a park bench and fed the ducks
164. Gone to the opera
165. Gotten a letter from someone famous
166. Worn knickers
167. Ridden in a limousine
168. Attended the Olympics
169. Can hula or waltz
170. Read a half dozen Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys books
171. Been stuck in an elevator
172. Had a revelatory dream
173. Thought you might crash in an airplane
174. Had a song dedicated to you on the radio or at a concert
175. Saved someone’s life
176. Eaten raw whale
177. Know how to tat, smock or do needlepoint
178. Laughed till your side hurt
179. Straddled the equator
180. Taken a photograph of something other than people that is worth framing
181. Gone to a Shakespeare Festival
182. Sent a message in a bottle
183. Spent the night in a hostel
184. Been a cashier
185. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
186. Joined a union
187. Donated blood or plasma
188. Built a campfire
189. Kept a blog
190. Had hives
191. Worn custom made shoes or boots
192. Made a PowerPoint presentation
193. Taken a Hunter’s Safety Course
194. Served at a soup kitchen
195. Conquered the Rubik’s cube
196. Know CPR
197. Ridden in or owned a convertible
198. Found a long lost friend
199. Helped solve a crime
200. Responded to a NJP newsletter
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
1.WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE ? No, I am my own unique person.
2.WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Sunday, my feelings got hurt.
3.DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Handwriting, no. Printing, yes.
4.WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Emge Bologna
5.DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Not yet.
6.IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes I would
7.DO YOU USE SARCASM ALOT? Not a whole lot, but I do use it.
8.DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?No, I had them and my adenoids removed whein I was 12.
9.WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No way
10.WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Malt-O-Meal's Marshmallow Mateys
11.DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? I usually wear slip-ons, but when I wear tied shoes, no, I just slip them off.
12.DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? In what sense? Physically, not really. Mentally, mediocre. Smelling?, I hope NOT! Ü
13.WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Right now it's Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia
14.WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? I haven't thought about it, but probably their teeth.
15.RED OR PINK? Definitely PINK!
16.WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF?My size/weight.
17.WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My dad (12/14/1991)
18.WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Brown gaucho's from Land's End, no shoes
19.WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? French fries
20.WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The traffic going by my house
21.IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? PINK!
22.FAVORITE SMELLS? My husband, Downy or Bounce dryer sheets, Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush "Slice of Heaven" scent, Baby Magic lotion on babies (I work in a childcare center), sweet food scented wax tarts.
23.WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? A gal I work with.
24.FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? NASCAR.....go TONY GO !!
25.HAIR COLOR? Brown with a hint of white---YIKES!
26.EYE COLOR? Brown
27.DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? I did until my allergies got the best of me.
28.FAVORITE FOOD? Is chocolate considered a "food"?
29.SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Definitely happy endings.
30.LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The 40 Year Old Virgin (on TV)
31.WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? It's called Salmon--I order the work shirts for everyone, so I know the technical colors....heheee
32.SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer if it would stay in the 70's !
33.HUGS OR KISSES? BOTH
34.FAVORITE DESSERT? Is chocolate considered a "dessert"? heheee
35.WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? I started reading "The Friday Night Knitting Club"
36.WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? It looks like crumbs. Ü
37.WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V . LAST NIGHT? CODE BLUE on Discovery Health
38.FAVORITE SOUND? Music
39.ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Neither, really.
40.WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? L.A., CA
41.DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Yeah, unfortunately.
42.WHERE WERE YOU BORN? In a hospital !
Now it's your turn !
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Hello everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend. It's pretty muggy outside, so I will be a cool cucumber inside. Ü
To the right you can see the inspiration she chose for this week . The colors are: Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, So Saffron and Not Quite Navy.
I made waves with the navy color and for the clouds I used a flower from the Die Cut Blooms kit. The squares were punched out with a paper punch and I added the letters from American Crafts Thickers. I wrote the word "have" above the letter F with just a black ink pen because my Gelly Roll pen would not work no matter how much I scribbled with it ! Ü --Any ideas how I could get it to work?
Wishing you Inspiration, Lori
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Friday, May 23, 2008
Please show your artwork by adding the webpage link in the comments in this post . A photo of your card can be on a blog or in an online gallery.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Monday, May 19, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
After I took this pic I put a little gemstone on the tassel to glam it up a tiny bit.
I had never worked with black before. It's HARD to work with, but the result looks OK I think.
Stamp: Inkadinkado; Ribbon: May Arts; Paper: Stampin' UP Summer Sun, Walmart Black, pattern, unknown; Other: Paper Studio gemstones
Wishing you Inspiration,
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Thursday, May 8, 2008
This week she has chosen 4 colors--whisper white, bashful blue, pumpkin pie and brilliant blue. You can go to her blog by clicking on the link on the right side ------->>>>
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Monday, April 14, 2008