Sunday, August 26, 2007

Homemade Puffy Paint



Today I was feelin' in the Christmas spirit. Somewhat. SO, I decided to play around with Santa. Get your mind out of the gutter !!!!

I STAMPED Santa from the Holiday Tag Team set and watercolored him with Real Red and Green Galore. BUT, I made him pinkish and lime greenish.

OH HOW I LOVE THOSE TWO COLORS TOGETHER !!! I don't know why, but I do. (Isn't that a song?)

Anyway, after watercoloring him I wanted to use something different (for me) on his beard and environment. I didn't have any Liquid Applique or Puffy Paint, so I made my own.

Here's the complicated recipe:

Plain old shaving cream

Elmer's glue

Mix about equal parts of each and apply to your project.

THAT'S IT !!! Let it dry and you can push on it and it "shouldn't" cave in. It should bounce back. Cool, huh? Ü

Sorry the pic is a bit blurry.....my camera is an older model digi.

Have a great Monday and I'll meet you back here SOON !

Wishing you inspiration,

Lori aka paperchick

2 comments:

AnnMarie said...

Very cool idea! Your blog looks really great! : ) I just started mine a few days ago! What a fun project! Love your purses below also! Have a great day!

AnnMarie : )

Alhambra Club said...

Great idea, love your puffy santa