Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What Inspires You ?

I'll have to admit, sometimes there are LONG periods of time where I don't feel the least bit creative. LOOOOOONG periods. So usually to remedy this I visit a few new blogs that I haven't seen before. I may check out someone's blogroll with names I've never seen before. This week I've discovered there are cool ways to jump start your creativity by using a deck of cards. WHAT?!?! Yeah, there are challenges on websites where people are given a word a day and have to use a card from the deck (to collage onto) and express their "take" on that word. Amazing! You can buy a brand new deck of cards at the dollar store, sometimes 2 per pack for a buck! Check out this gal's blog: http://eliseblaha.typepad.com/cardart/

Here's a quote from another card sight I found: "A simple deck of cards, turned into art, one day at a time. A visual diary of 52 days of my life. A reason to do something creative every single day."

I think I may try this. They save theirs in those baseball card binders. KWIM?

So what is your main source of inspiration? Blogs? Challenges? An idea just pops in your head and you hurry to sketch it so you don't forget it?

Thanks for reading.

Wishing you inspiration,
Lori

No comments: